We are looking for Interaction Designers who can design interactive experiences that make a real difference, and are looking to develop their skills as a practitioner.
RMA is a rapidly developing consultancy with the power of NTT DATA, our owners, behind us. We are looking for Interaction Designers who will play a leading role on our most high-value and compelling client engagements. As a member of a highly talented and creative design team, you will help to shape our company’s culture, personality, and the way we work.
Role & Responsibilities:
As an Interaction Designer you will focus on our clients’ products and services, developing a strong empathy with those who use them. Armed with this empathy, you will craft design concepts that meaningfully improve the user experience of those products. You will take those concepts from paper or whiteboard sketches through to detailed, precise wireframes and prototypes that allow developers to understand the detail behind your proposals. As part of a growing design team, you will have the chance to contribute fresh ideas and ways of working..
Other duties of the Interaction Designer include:
- Reviewing requirements gathered from client stakeholders and subject matter experts, and exploring how these can be translated into a compelling design concept.
- Participating in collaborative sketching workshops alongside colleagues and client stakeholders.
- Collaborating with other interaction designers to carry out user research, discovering the insights that will guide your concepts.
- Illustrating user journeys, personas and goals, information models and more.
- Drawing upon existing design standards and pattern libraries, as well as identifying opportunities to expand them where necessary.
- Producing wireframes and interactive prototypes to depict proposed functionality to stakeholders, potential users, developers and other audiences.
- Providing developers and business analysts with detail about your design concepts, through annotations and/or verbal briefings.
- Actively seeking out feedback and constantly challenging both your own ideas and those of others on your team.
- Working closely with Visual Designers to collaboratively sketch out early thinking and to iterate on detailed interaction design work.
You have a talent and passion not only for interaction design but for information architecture, prototyping, and user research. You are deeply curious about people — their motives, their environments, the things they are trying to achieve — and recognise that they are at the core of any design project you carry out. Bad user experiences frustrate you and you would take every opportunity you get to eliminate them. Your career as a professional interaction designer is off to a promising start but you are looking for a new set of challenges to help your skills develop.
Your career might previously have led you into a related field — for example visual design, business analysis or development — but you are now keen to develop a deep specialism in interaction design.
Experience & Qualifications:
- You will have a degree or post-graduate qualification in Interaction Design, HCI, Product design, Industrial Design or equivalent work experience.
- You are adept at creating sketches to explore and communicate your ideas at an early stage.
- You have experience of using Omnigraffle as well as other commonly used UX tools, such as Axure, Balsamiq and Adobe Illustrator. You can quickly develop competence in new software tools when required.
- You can tell us about at least one project in which you’ve had to learn something new – about an industry, a technology, a user community, a design technique – and apply that new knowledge to your design work.
- Preferably, you’ll have designed products and services with complex user interfaces.
RMA is part of NTT DATA, a leading IT services provider that operates in over 40 countries and employs 76,000 people. NTT DATA is part of the NTT Group, a Fortune Global 100 company and world-leading IT innovator that invests $2.2billion yearly in R&D.