We are looking for Senior Interaction Designers who will play a leading role on our most high-value and compelling client engagements. If the description below sounds like you, let’s talk.
RMA is a rapidly developing consultancy with the power of NTT DATA, our owners, behind us. We are growing our permanent team to meet increased demand. As a member of a highly talented and creative design team, you will help to shape our company’s culture, personality, and the way we work.
If you know what it takes to create designs that make a real difference — and can inspire other designers to do the same — we’d like to talk to you.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Gather requirements from client stakeholders and subject matter experts in one-on-one sessions and through participating in or leading workshops.
- Create vision journeys and concept work early on in a project or for new business development.
- Lead and participate in collaborative sketching workshops where you, your colleagues and subjectmatter experts will define the contours of your design solution.
- Perform formative user research and summative user experience testing and evaluation throughout the project.
- Create abstract concept models to illustrate user journeys, personas and goals, information models and more.
- Draw upon existing design standards and pattern libraries, as well as identifying opportunities to expand them where necessary.
- Produce wireframes and interactive prototypes to depict proposed functionality to stakeholders, potential users, developers and other audiences.
- Provide developers and business analysts with detail about your design concepts, through annotations and/or verbal briefings.
- Actively seek out feedback and constantly challenge both your ideas and those of others on your team.
- Work with client stakeholders to review work, drive for consensus and manage expectations.
- Help plan, estimate and structure design projects.
- Work closely with Visual Designers to collaboratively sketch out early thinking, to convey your screen design thinking and to iterate on detailed interaction design work.
Experience & Qualifications:
- You will have a degree or post-graduate qualification in Interaction Design, HCI, Product design, Industrial Design or equivalent work experience.
- You will have worked at a top-flight agency or consultancy.
- You will have worked on application design and projects with complex interactivity or informationmodels, not just marketing or content-focused websites.
- You have experience of using Omnigraffle as well as other commonly used UX tools, such as Axure and Adobe Illustrator, You can quickly develop competence in new software tools when required.
- You will have worked closely with clients to elicit requirements, co-create designs through sketching, and to negotiate design decisions.
- You will be skilled at selling your ideas to individuals of various professional backgrounds and gaining their confidence.
You will have a portfolio of at least one project that shows and explains the full UX lifecycle and two projects that show detailed work for a part of the process and can demonstrate:
- User experience expertise.
- Progression of ideas and design throughout the project.
- Use of multiple methods to extract requirements and validate design deliverables.
- Demonstration of expertise in rich Interaction Design.
- Experience with complex and data-rich applications.
- Experience designing beyond the web: including mobile and desktop.
RMA is part of NTT DATA, a leading IT services provider that operates in over 40 countries and employs 76,000 people. NTT DATA is part of the NTT Group, a Fortune Global 100 company and world-leading IT innovator that invests $2.2billion yearly in R&D.